Welcome to the Camera-Critters meme.


We hope that everyone enjoys this meme, which is all about photos of animals/critters. We try not to complicate CC with many rules, but we do ask that you please use a CC badge or link back to Camera-Critters in some way. So make your post, link back to here, visit other Camera-Critters captures, and have fun!

HUGE THANKS TO ALL OF THE CAMERA-CRITTERS PARTICIPANTS FOR MAKING CC SUCH A SUCCESSFUL MEME.

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Camera-Critters #240

My wonderful friends, we've been going strong for over 4 1/2 years, and I'm proud of Camera-Critters. I created this meme because I love critters and I love photography, and I wanted a place where we could come together and share in those loves. I'm struggling with a decision right now, and I see the participation in Camera-Critters is slowing down rather than increasing, and I'm debating what the proper choice is. I think about shutting it down... I think about turning it over to someone else and, in all honestly my heart drops, because CC is my baby. I've been doing this with many of you for over 4 1/2 years... how can I just give it to someone else? Then again, I don't think we have the interest that we used to. *sigh* I'm not sure yet what's going to happen. I don't think I can give CC away (and not sure if I can actually quit doing it each week). I'm not closing us down, and I'm not giving Camera-Critters to someone else yet (or maybe never)... I'm just not sure if we all want to keep this going... it's been a long time, and we've had a fun time... I'm just feeling like people are getting tired of CC, and it's causing me to consider some things. For now, please post your critters and enjoy our little community o' critters we've got going here :-) Thank you to everyone who loves this meme.

18 comments:

Dina said...

Well, 52 Sundays x 4.5 years = a lot of work for you. All good memes come to an end or change hands sooner or later.
I know I don't contribute as much as before, but that's because there are just not many animals around Jerusalem to photograph (not counting the thousands of stray cats). I WISH we had more critters and that I had more photos to share.
Whatever you decide, shalom and many thanks to you, dear Misty Dawn.

Lina Gustina said...

Happy weekend to all.
Thanks for hosting :)

http://www.1sthappyfamily.com/2012/11/a-night-moth.html

Jenn Jilks said...

You have to do what is best for you! Either way, it's been fun!

Andrea said...

This is so special as not one among the memes carry this topic, so thank you very much. I have been checking for it to be up since yesterday, coz we are one day ahead of you! In return for my many checkings, i posted two, you will not notice anyway because they are from two sites. Thanks so much for hosting.

Nancy said...

I totally get where you are coming from Misty. But I would not hand it over to anyone else. This is yours and it should end with you.

I'm likely going to end my memes after the first of the year but haven't decided what to do next.

Thanks for hosting my friend. xo

Anonymous said...

We love CC, but I can certainly understand your concerns. I'd be willing to take it over if you decide that's what you want to do... I have Barn Charm on Tuesdays, but I'd be happy to... just a suggestion & an option.
God bless =)

photodoug said...

Thank you for your efforts over the years.

Rajesh said...

This get together is great. Keep it going.

Anonymous said...

I'm with Rajesh - I LOVE Camera Critters! I think I*ve noticed a downturn in people blogging and visiting just generally - maybe it's the longtime bloggers getting blocked or tired?

I'm so grateful to your for hosting!

Joyful said...

I've often viewed CC on other blogs and enjoyed it. I don't post myself as I have no pets and very few (none) around me :-(

Joyful said...

OH, I forgot to say that ladyfi noticed something that I've noticed. There is a definite downtown in people blogging and commenting on blogs in general.

i beati said...

I could not enter my thumbnail link said waiting for approval would not let me do again sadly

Kay L. Davies said...

I also love Camera Critters. Don't know if I have any new photos for this week (snowy and awful here) or how many critters I'll see the next few weeks (in Europe) but I participate as often as I can and I love it. However, I understand your concern. It is a big commitment, hosting a meme. I know I couldn't do it as my health is unpredictable and our travels make me unreliable, but I am one of your biggest fans!
K

lorik said...

I certainly hope you do keep Camera Critters open...since I have only just found you!
I Just added my link but something seems to have gone wrong? (It should have appeared as no. 47)

Snap said...

I love CC. I don't participate every week because I don't have a *new* critter to share. Thank you Misty for hosting. We love you! :D :D

Gattina said...

I love this meme ! please don't close it ! It's so much fun and I am sure that with all memes there are up and downs. I have my Cat on Tuesday meme and sometimes there are less participants too. It is not the amount of participants which counts but the fun those have who participate !

Pride In Photos Beauty said...

This is my first time playing at your party. How cute of an idea is this? I LOVE animals!! I posted on our fall festival we visited and a couple of cute critters we came across☺
Laurie @ Pride in Photos

Anonymous said...

does it really matter how many people participate every sunday? we do appreciate the opportunity to connect via cc.